What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care is a holistic method of wellness and health that centers around the body's natural ability to heal itself. The main course of action, and the most commonly known, is the chiropractic adjustment, also known as spinal manipulation. The theory centers around the body's nervous system and its ability to communicate what is wrong in the body. When your spine is out of alignment, patients can present with symptoms.
Chiropractic care is not just limited to adjusting. Doctors are trained in manual therapy methods such as massage and myofascial release therapy, stretching and corrective exercise, and rehabilitational fitness as well.
Several benefits of Chiropractic care are the following:
- Spinal and extremity pain relief
- Headache relief
- Increased mobility and range of motion
- Decreased stiffness and muscular spasms
- Arthritic joint pain relief
- Increased joint health
- Increased performance and energy
- Increased sense of well being and relaxation
- Increased balance and coordination
- Reduced degeneration and risk of injury
- Enhanced tissue healing
- Decreased tissue inflammation